Vals Pals - The SUGAR Group stop
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Vals Pals - The SUGAR Group stop

Chat forum for All Val's Friends & The SUGAR Group Staff

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Cook Yourself Thin

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
Something_To_Believe_In
Admin
Something_To_Believe_In

Cook Yourself Thin Empty
PostSubject: Cook Yourself Thin   Cook Yourself Thin I_icon_minitimeFri Jun 19, 2009 9:01 pm

I have to say - the show itsself is kinda boring, but they make the most delicious looking food!
Jamie recently got the cook book. We are very excited about it. I can't wait to try some of the yummy goodness!!!!!!!!
Back to top Go down
http://valspals.roflforum.net
Usha77
Close as a sister
Usha77

Cook Yourself Thin Empty
PostSubject: Re: Cook Yourself Thin   Cook Yourself Thin I_icon_minitimeSun Jun 21, 2009 5:19 pm

Ooh! Sounds fun!
Back to top Go down
https://www.facebook.com/Usha77
USMom
Most Awesome Moderator
USMom

Cook Yourself Thin Empty
PostSubject: Re: Cook Yourself Thin   Cook Yourself Thin I_icon_minitimeSun Jun 21, 2009 10:08 pm

What's the first recipe?
Back to top Go down
http://www.sugargliderretreat.net
jdtru
Perfect Pal
jdtru

Cook Yourself Thin Empty
PostSubject: Healthy Potato Skins   Cook Yourself Thin I_icon_minitimeSun Jul 05, 2009 5:11 pm

I'm just going to start copying them on here so I can share what i love.

Grocery List
2 medium sweet potatoes
1 teaspoon olive oil
1 small onion, diced
1 clove garlic, minced
1 bag baby spinach
1 scallions, thinly sliced
2 slices turkey bacon
4 ounces low-fat cream cheese
1/4 cup low-fat buttermil
1 teaspoon salt
1/4 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
1 teaspoon vegetable oil
2 tablespoons grated Parmesan cheese

1. Preheat the oven to 350 degrees

2. Place sweet potatoes on a baking sheet and onto an oven rack. Bake for 45 minutes or until fork tender

3. Meanwhile, in a deep saute pan, heat the olive oil and cook the onion for 2 to 3 minutes until soft. Add the garlic and cook for one more minute. Add the entire bag of spinach and scallions, cover, and cook 3 to 4 minutes until the spinach has wilted.

4. In another saute pan, cook the turkey bacon until crisp adn transfer to a plate lined with paper towel to drain. When cooled, chop the bacon into small peices and reserve.

5. When the seet potatoes are cooked, let them cook for 5 minutes. Carefully clice both in half and choop out the inside of the potato into a bowl. Add cream cheese, buttermilk, salt and pepper and mash together until smooth.

6. Using a pastry brush, coat the outside of each potatoe skin with the vegetable oil. Fill each of the shells with the filling and top with a sprinkle of parmesan cheese. Transfer each skin back to the baking sheet and cook for 15 to 20 minutes or until the top is golden brown and the skins are crispy. Top with bits of turkey bacon and serve.
Back to top Go down

Cook Yourself Thin Empty
PostSubject: Re: Cook Yourself Thin   Cook Yourself Thin I_icon_minitimeMon Jul 06, 2009 9:07 am

Thats sounds yummy!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Cook Yourself Thin Empty
PostSubject: Re: Cook Yourself Thin   Cook Yourself Thin I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Cook Yourself Thin
Page 1 of 1